Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Dear One in a Million, a million to one

On July 8th, 1961, Mary Ann Leatham and William David McNeil were wed in Logan, Utah.

On July 8th and 9th, 2011 we gathered together as friends and family to celebrate my grandparent's  remarkable 50 years of marriage with them!

aren't they darling?!

My absolute favorite moments of the night were the cutting of their very [first] wedding cake!
(You see, they didn't have wedding cakes 50 years ago.. something about Marie Antoinette and the French Revolution... the details are fuzzy.) (just kidding!)
A cake wasn't present on their wedding day, so this year, my aunt made a beautiful cake for them.
My grandmother was absolutely thrilled to have a cake and they were just too cute trying to figure out how the cutting was supposed to go.  










  Just looking at the pictures makes me giddy!

I realize this post doesn't do them, their marriage, nor the party, justice, but I wanted to keep it short and sweet.

It is such an honor and a blessing to have these two as role models. Their love continues to spread to those lucky enough to spend time in their company. They are wonderful examples of love, commitment, faith, and strength. I can only pray to someday have a bond and a marriage as beautiful and eternal as theirs.
[cheers!]

Love,
Lauka
 
 Their Song:

No comments:

Post a Comment