Saturday, January 29, 2011

Remember that one time...

I said I would only check facebook once a day for no more than 15 minutes.
I think that might have been a bit brash...
Now, don't get me wrong, I'm still going to cut down my time a little bit. I will no longer let facebook keep me from doing worth while and productive things.

In other news, I have missed 5 days of my 30 day blogging challenge.
[oops]
So, today's post will be covering days 13-16. I'll go over 17 & 18 tomorrow so as not to overwhelm.
And aaaaway we go!

13: Favorite band and why.

This is hard. I'm not sure I can pinpoint just one favorite. What I'll do here is give you my top 3.

1. Brand New:



Jesse Lacey's voice is just the most heartbreakingly beautiful sound.  It's powered by a quiet conviction that testifies to each word of every song. I've felt more connected to Brand New's music than I have to a lot of people.

2. Say Anything



I was introduced to this band by a man I may have loved in a time when I needed it most. The lyrics are clever and how could you not love Max's voice. There's an honesty in these songs that has always captivated me.

3. Oh, Sleeper


Sometimes I am so overwhelmed by emotion, whether it be anger, sadness, guilt, joy, etc. and said emotion simply cannot be contained within this weak body of mine. It needs a release. When my soul feels like screaming, I turn to Oh, Sleeper. It was my first Christian Screamo love and the music is a reassurance that there are others that feel just as afraid, unworthy and [human] as I do.
 
14: TV show I'm addicted to right now.
 
Truthfully, I'm not. Occasionally I'll catch up on Community, Outsourced or the IT crowd. 
That's all.
 
15:Something I never leave my house without.
I cannot think of a single thing that I've never left my house without...except for clothing of course. 
Though, if we went with [almost] never, that changes things a bit.
I [almost] never leave without my phone, my wallet, or my car keys, which is pretty standard. Nothing too exciting, eh?

16: My celebrity crush.
 
Easy.
Jake Gyllenhaal

Would you just look at that face. Just look!
It helps that Donnie Darko is one of the best movies of all time.
I submit that Jake is just the loveliest man alive.

He is, however, closely seconded by the ever perfect
Ewan McGregor
"He's got a [huge] talent!"
I think that pretty much covers it.









1 comment:

  1. Say Anything- Wow, I Can Get Sexual Too... Maybe one of my favorite songs, for who knows what reason!!!

    ReplyDelete