Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Finding Wobie Woo

Wobie Woo is fearless. She is the kind of little girl that dances and sings whenever she feels like it, runs up and down the block meeting and talking to everyone, hates wearing dresses or clothes that match...or clothes at all, can make everybody laugh, and is full of joy and energy. She doesn't give a second thought to how her hair looks or if she looks to chubby in this or that. She just is who she is and that's that. I'm not sure when she got lost nor do I know why she went away. Maybe it was because she was scared, or got hurt by a boy, or maybe that's just a part of growing up. What I do know is that I've missed her terribly.

[Me without her] is self conscious, shy, and insecure. [Me without her] spends way too much time and effort on hair, make-up, and other such superficial things. [Me without her] wastes way too much emotion on what others think and way too much energy on over analyzing what they say. [Me without her] doesn't like me much at all.

I found her yesterday in a pair of jeans, a T-shirt and a braid. I found her in a care free smile and thirst for adventure.
And now the confusion is gone. Now, I know who I am and what I want from life and much like that little girl, I won't be afraid to go after it.

Dear Wobie Woo,
I'm glad I found you. I pinky promise I won't lose you again.
Love,
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment